Monday, June 6

great friends & great food = great night

I love last minute planning... Sometimes the less you plan the better!!!
When Mr. Wood (a.k.a Paul Wood) suggested we dine at Zucca I was excited and the GREAT thing was I had no idea what to expect. Throughout the day I managed to convince more friends to come along and when we arrived we were met by other great new friends...
As we were seated at the longessssssssssssssst table in the restaurant we let our very own wine connoisseur Paul Wood choose our wine for the evening. The viognier Paul chose was BEYOND DELICIOUS - not just yummy ;)... However, those who know me will know that I rarely drink. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy a glass or two BUT I prefer mineral water... ESPECIALLY designer mineral water! I must admit that I love collecting the pretty bottles more than I love drinking it. So far I have found Jean Paul Gaultier for Evian, Bvlgari for San Pellegrino, Issey Miyake for Evian and even Diet Coke endorsed by Roberto Cavalli and Karl Lagerfeld... but on this lucky evening I found the BEYOND BELISSIMI bottles of San Pellegrino designed by Missoni. Gorgeous is an understatement! I was like a child on Christmas morning when I saw this bottle. BEYOND EXCITED!!
Missoni for San Pellegrino

Jean Paul Gaultier for evian
Bvlgari for San Pellegrino
Issey Miyake for evian
Roberto Cavalli for Coca Cola Light 
Karl Lagerfeld for Coca Cola Light


Anyway.... back to the food! We were spoilt this evening as head chef Adam, treated us to a delicious 6 course meal from the Zucca Menu. We started with an array of Greek dips, wrapped fetta, fried fetta – fetta anyway is amazing!!! Then we moved on to mains – The first was grilled scallops with Persian fetta, cauliflower cream & salted pistachio nut crumble. I love scallops and these were cooked to perfection. Then we moved on to baked barramundi in tomato, pea and dill rizi (risotto). The Barramundi just melted in our mouths...

Barramundi with rizi


The cabbage leaf dolmadhes filled with rice, pork mince and white wine sauce came out along with the Moussaka layered eggplant, potato minced meat and béchamel bake. I have never had Moussaka like this Moussaka – the béchamel sauce made all the difference.

Moussaka mmmm.....
And then.... came the char grilled lamb souvlaki with salata in raspberry vinaigrette and tzatziki. The raspberry vinaigrette was like nothing I had taster before. It was like a party in my mouth. I love salad but this salad was like all my dreams came at once – A DESERT SALAD!! BEYOND UNEXPECTED!!
Souvlaki and Salata with raspberry vinaigrette!

Overall our meal was amazing and I will definitely be back. Thanks to Adam and his team for a wonderful night.


Paul & Adam

I have to also admit, even though the food was good the company was GREAT! Thanks for a wonderful night all!
Ciao!
Luciana

No comments:

Post a Comment