Thursday, June 2

Giallo Delizioso!!



Giallo era delizioso!!!! Giallo was delicious!!!!

Every day on my way to work, I pass a little yellow sign “Giallo” on Rundle Street... I have always wondered what this tiny restaurant offered?? Was it just a wine bar?? Was it just a cafe?? Were the meals themed around yellow food??


Last night all my questions were answered as I ventured inside this modern creation.  I felt like I was stepping into a restaurant in Milano... Its sleek European design exuded romance, but an Italian type of romance that is all about a love of food.  Even though the restaurant wasn’t huge it was welcoming and made you feel like you were the only one in this exclusive space.
As we (Phoebe) were seated near the fire place - a.k.a the LCD screen – we gazed at the BEYOND DELIZIOSO menu. My piatti preferiti (preferred choice) from the “Giallo” menu are as follows.

From the Starters I adore the Spanish white anchovies with sourdough toast, salsa verde and a soft boiled egg. My Dad makes a similar dish. It is piatto povero (rustic plate) that our town serves as antipasto, so I was intrigued to see what they offered.
I am not a fan of Carpaccio so I passed on that choice.
From the Primi Piati (First Plates) pan seared scallops with a white bean puree on a bed of crisp pancetta, accompanied by brown butter vinaigrette. My mouth is watering when I simply mention the dish. Scallops are one of my favourite seafood ingredients since they are simple but BEYOND FLAVORSOME.
The Second Plate choices are few but fulfilling to the tastebuds. The South East Black Angus scotch fillet with the exquisite horseradish butters is not for the vegetarian at heart.
On the side you can’t go past pomodori e fiore de latte (tomatoes and mozzarella). I could live with these two simple ingredients. Since I was little I have adored the creamy softness in fiore de latte, there is nothing like it. In my opinion this side dish could accompany any meal and I would be BEYOND SATISFIED!
I prefer savoury to desert but who can go past a soft and fluffy Tiramisu. The “Giallo” Tiramisu looked like the cream was whipped air and the coffee smell radiated from the top.
Even though the above are my favourite from this season’s menu at “Giallo”, the talented waiter was able to persuade me from the original menu to the specials for the night, which is a rarity. I hardly every chose a special but this time I couldn’t go past Gnocchi in a white truffle sauce with spinach and shaved pecorino cheese served in tegamini (mini casserole dishes).


BEYOND is an UNDERSTATEMENT!
I can still taste the truffle sauce and pillowy soft gnocchi a day later.
I will certainly be back to try more of their menu and indulge in few more vinos....

Grazie Giallo!!
Ciao!
Luciana

No comments:

Post a Comment