Friday, January 20

What really matters...

What really matters in life is love, peace and happiness...

A while ago I heard three words in a sentence that stuck with me “L’amore, pace e felicita” = “love, peace and happiness” It speaks wonders about really matters, what keeps you grounded and gives you honest joy in life. As 2011 came to an end and we welcomed 2012 I began to think about what was really important to me and the things I wanted to change so that I make the most of 2012.
LOVE = Love is an emotion of strong affection and personal attachment. Love is also a virtue representing all of human kindness, compassion, and affection; and "the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another".”
1.       I love with all my heart and being the true romantic I am I hope to find Mr. Right.  I have decided to open my heart to the thought of dating properly again.
2.       I would do anything for my family and friends. I love them more than words can express and hope to spend more quality time with my nearest and dearest.
3.       Loving ourselves is something we forget sometimes. We put work and others before ourselves sometimes but this year I have made a commitment to loving me and making time to take care of me, which means keeping healthy and doing this I enjoy – LIKE BLOGGING!!

PEACE = Inner peace (or peace of mind) refers to a state of being mentally and spiritually at peace, with enough knowledge and understanding to keep oneself strong in the face of discord or stress. Being "at peace" is considered by many to be healthy homeostasis and the opposite of being stressed or anxious. Peace of mind is generally associated with bliss and happiness.”
The quote says it all... I strive for inner peace!

HAPPINESS = Happiness is a mental state of well-being characterized by positive emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.”
LOVE+PEACE=HAPPINESS!

Now for a photo journey through my summer holiday and the joyful beginning of 2012 with the healthy arrival of Noah Luke Mayes.

The McCo Crew finish the year with a few drinks and lots of laughter... I LOVE the people I work with!!!
      The drinks that made us laugh even harder...

                                          Christmas dinner at Casa De Moirsey... Just precious!!

                                 The first time I made tiramisu... Not bad if I say so myself



The Ture Girls = Nonna, Daughters and Nieces venture out for special outings a couple of times a year and each time we have an absolute BALL!! This time to celebrate Christmas we decided to RELAX and pamper ourselves with manicures and pedicures. Nonna smiled all day so it was BEYOND worth it!!! Hope we can continue doing these outings...



I am always jealous that we don’t get a white winter so I eventually convinced my dear friends to come ice skating... We had sooo much fun!!!


Christmas Day at the Capobianco’s house was full of laughs, good company and wayyyyyy to much food!!




I was very spoilt this Christmas with my very own Cambridge Satchel – I am sooo excited and IN LOVE with my new bag!! Just waiting for it to be imprinted with BEYOND ADDICTED


On December 30, 2011 a very dear friend of mine, Tamrah turned 30 but doesn’t look a day over 21. This beautiful lady celebrated at the Apothecary in style with an abundance of espresso martini...
The Birthday Girl...

Stefanie and Ry Ry

Stefanie and Lady Joan

Nathan and Katie “Glitter Pants” Spain

The “infamous” espresso martini

The beloved Miss Spain and I




And then there was NYE... My dear Nonna Rita turned 83 on December 31, 2011. After hours of deliberations on where we would spend New Year’s Eve we decided to spend it with the famiglia by the pool, which was perfect seeing it was 39 degrees...

Natalie and Nonna Rita
Mumma Fern and Nonna Rita
Nonna Rita and I
Mumma Fern and Natalie
Anthony and Pier
I tried to make tiramisu again and this time... it came out even better!!!
And mumma Fern and Nonna made the zeppole...
Happy New Year from the Ture, Dimasi, Mayes and Capobianco families...

On New Year’s Day at about 12:00pm Andrea, Natalie, Carla and I decided to escape to Glenelg for a few nights sea side... It was BEYOND PERFECT!! Beach, sun, sand, pool, champagne and great company...

As it was heating up and Chantel was getting bored being always at home... So we ventured to the beach with Aunty Mary to walk Henley to Grange jetty on warm evening...
Doesn’t pregnancy agree with her?!

And then there were the MAMOTH mojitos at Bacchus at Henley Beach = DELIGHT!!


On a beautiful Summer’s day I ventured to the Adelaide Hills with the delightful Nathan and hilarious Zac... The day was full of laughs and amazing wines.. 
The Lane
 Shaw + Smith
                                                                            Nepenthe
                                                                       Bird in Hand


Then finally on Monday, January 16 2012, Chantel and Paul Mayes welcomed to the world
“Noah Luke Mayes”
Weighing 9 pounds 4 ounces and was 51cms long...

This beautiful child arrived at 7:58pm after 24 hours of labour – I was honoured to be in the waiting room with Aunty Mary for 12 hours waiting for this little Angel and I can seriously not get enough of him... It is amazing how someone so small can make you appreciate so much!!!

                                                        Nonna Mary is so very proud...
                                                     As is Daddy - Such a proud Daddy!!!


I believe in looking forward and never looking back so I look forward to the adventures in front of me. For now I look forward to turning 25 in Las Vegas in July, to a long and enjoyable career and to finding Mr. Right...

Ciao e buona fortuna!

No comments:

Post a Comment