Monday, September 26

Fashion Police - The 2011 Brownlow

The Blue Carpet....

The Blue Carpet was full of hits and misses this year...

Whilst I appreciated Channel 7's attempt to replicate E!'s manner of covering a Red Carpet arrival - they failed miserably... The rotating pod was a pathetic interpretation of the GLAM CAM... But I doubt Ryan Seacreast interviews the president of the Oscars whilst the pod is rotating and put his back to the camera... HILARIOUS!!! Thank God for Rachel Finch who saved the show slightly.

Anyway.... let’s get to the fashion!

BEST



Alex Davis in Versace was THE BEST DRESSED of the night... On Trend with Navy, On Trend with Versace, just perfectly ON TREND!!!! Mia Jones perfectly styled this stunning young lady!! Perfect from head to toe...




Rebecca Judd looks stunning... Not because she just had a baby less than three months ago... Not because she is accompanied by a 2x Brownlow Medal Winner and hottie Chirs Judd but because Aurelio Costarella fitted her perfectly in this STUNNING “corn” coloured gown. PERFECTION!





Jimmy Bartel’s girl friend Nadia Coppolino looked BEYOND BELLISSIMA in this stunning emerald green gown. It was obviously inspired by Elie Saab... I love this dress and actually just love the advert because of the gown....




Lauren Poulter was making Chris Newman shine in her stunning floor length mustard gown. The sparkle in the fabric was just enough in this flawless long sleeved v neck gown. It complimented her skin and hair colour perfectly.




Symone Demetriou shows the younger girls how it’s done in this wonderful Alex Perry gown with embellishments in all the right places.





Lynette Carroll wore white Alex Perry as she accompanied Sydney Swans footballer Jude Bolton... Very Expensive Very Perry and Perfectly Pregnant!




Lauren Phillips in Nicola Finetti... I can’t decide whether I like it or hate it... I like the silver shine but I am not loving how tight it is and her hair... What the?! I will leave that one to you...


WORST



Kate Turner did look pretty in Rachel Gilbert – BUT – she ruined it with that BAD side bun that looked like Princess Leia gone wrong...





I know that Charlie’s Angels starts soon but Renae Wauhop, who accompanied Mark Nicoski had her own take of Wonder Woman on the Blue Carpet... Not loving this high shine look. Hair and makeup was lovely though...




Nick Dal Santo’s wife Julie Klein was TOO pink TOO frilly TOO many diamante’s and TOO CHEAP! Enough said...




Kade Simpson’s partner did it all wrong... She was a bit of an ice princess with too many frills and spiels... ohhh it hurts to look at it.




Brynne Edlesten did not disappoint – as the SHOCK FROCK! Accompanied by sugar daddy Geoffrey Edelsten, Brynne was showing toooo much of everything.  



A gown should only be regarded as a FROCK when it is worn as it was above... otherwise can we please refer to an evening dress as a GOWN... Just my Pet Peeve!!! Thanks...

Ciao for now... Buona Notte!!





8 comments:

  1. I disagree with so many of your points. I thought Rebecca Judd's dress looked cheap. I have seen her do so much better. This dress just left me confused!
    As for Kate Turner I thought she looked amazing. For a girl still in high school she dressed beautifully. And I thought the side bun just added to her sweetness.
    As for Lauren Philips I know would you mean... I couldnt decide but I think it was the bottom half of the dress that ruined it for me!
    Loved this post though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too disagree with most of your notes. Nick Del Santo's partner, not wife(get it right) was actually the most glamorous dressed. The gown perfectly shaped her body and colours were just right. Detailing just exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I agree with almost all your posts and think you were a bit too nice about a few ! Great read and loved your opinions keep it up :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kade simpsons partner looks stunning!! i gotta disagree! style, class and elegance Love it Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Kate Turner looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie Klein DEFINITELY WORST DRESSED...WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS? I DREAM OF JEANIE. Keep it in the bedroom

    ReplyDelete
  7. julie klein is a whining slag with fashion sense to match her vile and venomous personality

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie Klein is cheap! Anyone else manage to see her naked photo she sent into one of those mags for an easy $100 bucks. Bet that's something this ladder climbing bitch doesn't want to resurface.

    ReplyDelete