Monday, November 12

ADELAIDE FASHION FESTIVAL 2012


October has come and gone and so has the Adelaide Fashion Festival for another year...

To be honest, I’m always nervous when the fashion festival rolls around because I feel like there is so much amazing talent in South Australia, but the festival must measure up to the brilliant pieces.

This year didn’t disappoint... There was a variety of events to satisfy a fashion fix in our festival State. Plus the variety of days, times and prices increased accessibility to a wider audience.

This year I choose two events to attend. The Bridal Runway Fusion and the Advantage SA Young Designer Showcase...

The BRF was something Adelaide hadn’t seen before, a real production of the best bridal couture South Australia has to offer. I adored the Lisa Ho’s gowns, especially her choice in fabrics for bridal.
 
I was also mesmerised by Anna Campbell and her brilliant back features – I enjoy a surprise on the back.
 
Of course, Paolo Sebastian was 'obviously' my overall favourite. His designs are just a fairytale. They make women feel like Princesses...

 
For the past four years I haven’t missed the finale event, which includes the Young Emerging Designer Showcase. The first one I attended, Paul actually came second – where I think he was robbed of first prize. Anyway... moving on... The event also included the best ready to wear and couture designs from some great SA talent.


I LOVED both FUR ELISE for her great use in leather...
 


 
and.... LACHY LANG for his great white crisp shirts which I am obsessed with...



 
Christina Tridente created a stir with her first creative look. and gorgeous masks..



 
Jaime Sortino pleased the crowd with his stunning bridal pieces...

 
But I have to say the largest gasps and loudest remarks were heard when Paul Vasileff unleashed his 2013 collection onto the waiting crowd.
 
 


 
I certainly believe Paul is cementing his mark on the Australian fashion scene with stylists the world over flocking to use his pieces. After speaking with the young legend he explained this collection pays tribute to the ladies of the silver screen, particularly Audrey Hepburn and Greta Garbo.




The designs were elegant, sexy but still sophisticated. I loved loved loved the intricate silver metallics and rose gold laces – I need that lace in next PS gown. DIEING FOR IT!!!


 

This year the Paolo Sebastian collection also includes ready-to-wear pieces, as the designer extends his talent to creating his ethereal pieces for the streets. I really love those pants, stunning just stunning...
 
 
 
I will honestly sing this young man’s praises till the cows come home because I whole heartedly believe he is one of the most talented designers to come out of our little town.




Until the next Fashion Festival, I cross my fingers and toes that they are able to pull together another great event and make it bigger and better than this year.
Ciao!
Luciana
 


*photos sourced from www.glamadelaide.com.au and swim with the current

1 comment:

  1. I was in love with Paul's belts — gotta get me one!

    ReplyDelete